How much did it cost to attend the DNC?
Free for everyday adults. Some special seats cost at least $1,000.
How many seats does the Mile High Stadium (aka Invesco field) hold?
How old is Biden’s “drop dead gorgeous” wife?
What is her PhD that he says is “a problem”?
She received her PhD in education from the University of Delaware.
How old is Biden’s mom?
How cute are Obama’s daughters?
Who cares that Eisenhower’s granddaughter supports Obama?
I don’t know.
Do (young) people know why Ted Kennedy could never have been President?
A quick poll shows no. Though he did put in his bid in the 1980 election, the Chappaquiddick Incident was poor form.
Where were the Clintons at Obama’s speech?
Apparently Hillary supposed to be there (but I never saw her), but Bill did not attend. It was a way of passing the baton to the next generation, I suppose.
Did McCain really congratulate Obama in an ad?
Yes. View it here.
Has a candidate ever delivered a congratulations commercial to the other party’s nominee?
I don’t know, I tried to research that but had little success.
Has McCain really voted with Bush 90% of the time?
Per Congressional Quarterly Voting Studies here is McCain’s support since ‘01,
Does Obama actually have a platform?
Prior to tonight, he seemed more like a trendy brand than a Presidential nominee. Here are his planks, as they were finally outlined in his speech:
- End dependence on oil from middle east – support natural gas, clean coal, nuclear power, solar power, wind power.
- Spend $150B in clean energy the next decade, and add 5 million new jobs that can’t be outsourced.
- Retool our failing auto companies so they can make fuel-efficient cars.
- Every child a “world class” education
- Affordable accessible healthcare for every American – equal to what members of Congress give themselves.
- Stop insurance companies from discriminating against the sick.
- Change bankruptcy laws
- Close corporate tax loopholes
- Tax breaks to companies that create jobs at home (rather than outsource)
- Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses & start ups
- Eliminate bunk programs in the federal budget
- Reduce taxes for 95% of American families (increase the middle class)
- Change it
- Equal pay for equal days of work
- Time frame to remove troops from Iraq
Abortion, Gun Control, Same Sex Marriage
- He quickly noted some sort of hybrid between both sides on these
Change, Hope, etc.
- A lot of it.